Sunday, August 3, 2008

My new house.

So I'm buying a house. Hopefully. Closing on August 18th. A little one story, three-ish bedroom, 2 full bath bungalow. I just have to get my financing straightened out.

Of course I've been mentally decorating the place for weeks. I'm rethinking wallpapering. There are some really cool wallpapers out and it could make a great statement on a single wall in the dining room or in the bathroom or kitchen. Not too overwhelming, mind you. It might be cool to wallpaper the kitchen since A) there wouldn't be that much wall space to paper and B) it probably would be less time consuming then painting (well actually, I have no idea) and C) since it is a smaller room it shouldn't be too terribly expensive.
Here is my kitchen:


It already has some very small print wallpaper up. The backsplash has a line of dark blue tile. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. Subway tile would be my preference. I want to paint the cabinets. I don't know for sure what color though. The countertops are white so I don't know if white cabinets and white counter tops would look okay together. Ultimately, I'd prefer stainless steel appliances or even vintage/retro appliances.

I think my house is going to have quite an eclectic feel to it. Recently I thought my design style was retro cottage but now it's that plus modern. Retro-modern, cottage?

Here are some awesome wallpapers from designyourwall.com








So the first three would look good in bathroom #1 and the 2nd three for the kitchen.
Oh here is a picture of the bathroom:

Yes, that awful 'tile' is coming out. A small hexagon tile would be ideal, if nothing else then some black and white checkerboard vinyl.

No comments: